All "cork-handle" offerings at the Angler's Arm Custom Fishing Rods are built and designed individually and constructed onto the blank, not mandrills, so that air spaces, or voids, between the blank, cork, reel-seat, and inserts are completely and positively filled with epoxy to insure the most sensitive handles available anywhere, and that's a GUARANTEE.....!!!
Materials for Cork-Handles
All materials used here at The Angler's Arm Custom Fishing Rods are of the Highest quality...!!!
- Cork ---AA Spice with burnt trim rings.
- Reel-seats --- Fuji Deluxe; spinning, casting, etc.
- Flyreel-seats ---"Struble" U-3 standard, up-locking, with Burl Madrone insert, and black aluminum hardware, these will vary from time to time between different manufacturers, wood inserts, and other hardware. It's too much to list, but they will always be of the highest quality...!!!
- Winding Check --- thin black rubber.
- Hook keeper ---small; color to match guides. Usually gold, silver, or black.
- Butt or "bottom" of handle--- round, black rubber insert.
- Finish --- All cork handles are sealed and finished with "cork-sealer" for appearance and ease of cleaning.
Glues and Epoxies used in the construction of our custom fishing rod handles, reel-seats, EVA foam handles, butt caps or plugs, etc., etc. are Always of the Highest Quality.....GUARANTEED.....!!!